Monday 22 December 2014

WFB: Nurgle Chaos Lord

A year on from painting my first fantasy Chaos Lord, I got around to painting to another fantasy mini that came out at about the same time.I really enjoyed painting the rotting flesh which is actually very simple to do. Similar to the Navigator I posted last week, this is based around a Rakarth Flesh base and a crimson wash, followed by some highlights.
The really rotten patches have been given a touch of flesh mixed with yellows and reds before the wash goes one. I've also used touches of blue and red glaze sparingly, particularly where stomach is torn open to show his innards.
This week I am experiment with a new version of my little photo setup. I know that serious bloggers take take all their pictures on a white background. Unfortunately my camera isn't up to much so I am still not that happy with these but I will continue to experiment.

1 comment:

  1. I always find white backdrops to be overly harsh. Try a light grey instead. It'll help control light bounce back.

    ReplyDelete